COVID-19 Update from Airgas
June 23, 2020
We hope this letter finds you safe and healthy. We are writing to proactively communicate our latest response efforts related to the coronavirus (“COVID-19”).
Throughout the past three months, we have adapted our COVID-19 response in countless ways while continuing to effectively work and serve customers. We organized our activities to protect the health of our associates and customers. We adapted to the local or statewide stay-at-home or confinement orders while keeping our plants, branches, safety and hardgoods distribution centers and gas distribution fleet running, proudly serving as an essential business nationwide. And we continue to produce and deliver essential products, particularly oxygen and other medical gases, to our customers.
When permitted by government orders, we continue making local adaptations to resume more standard work modes while sticking with our principles of keeping our associates and our customers safe and running our business in a continuous, local and customer-focused way.
- Our branches have begun allowing customers inside showrooms when and where possible. Stores are being organized to allow a minimum of 6 feet between customers and are enhanced with protections at counters.
- In addition, we can still provide orders for direct delivery via Airgas.com or our Airgas punchout site, or for pickup by calling ahead to your local branch.
- Associates are required to wear company-provided face coverings whenever interacting in close proximity with a customer, in accordance with CDC guidance, and may ask or require customers to wear masks when inside the showroom.
- We enhanced our existing health screening measures for our associates by implementing temperature checks in designated locations, as health and safety are our top priority.
- Our enhanced sanitary cleaning measures and distancing rules will continue moving forward.
We are ready to support your current occupational safety and health initiatives.
- Our safety specialists can help with your evaluation and selection of appropriate PPE now required for your workplace and protection of your teams. Visit www.airgas.com/solutions/safety-solutions/new-normal for more information.
- We have expanded COVID-related PPE and safety signage offers as your facilities adopt enhanced procedures and prepare to reopen when permitted.
- In cooperation with our suppliers, Airgas expects to obtain limited and intermittent shipments of N95 respirators for the occupational safety of its customers in the near future.
- Available disposable N95 masks are initially fulfilling outstanding backorders from existing Airgas customers to assist in their efforts to return to work and reopen facilities.
- Supply may remain limited but we will attempt to ensure availability to as many of our existing customers as possible.
This unprecedented situation has demonstrated the resolve our associates have to serve you reliably. We appreciate your partnership throughout the days behind us and the ones yet to come.
On behalf of all of Airgas and our parent company Air Liquide, we wish you continued health and safety.
Ready to Support Your Dry Ice Needs Related to Vaccine Shipping and Storage
Customer Notice Regarding Availability of Certain Products
In cooperation with our suppliers, Airgas expects to obtain limited and intermittent shipments of N95 respirators for the occupational safety of its customers in the near future. Available disposable N95 masks are initially fulfilling outstanding backorders from existing Airgas customers. Supply may remain limited, lead times may be longer than usual, and some items may be on backorder regardless of stock status indicated on our website, but we will attempt to ensure availability to as many of our existing customers as possible.
Additionally, due to extremely high demand for certain other health and safety related products, we may be unable to fulfill any new spot, extraordinary or special orders for these products regardless of stock status indicated on our website.
Existing customers with an established history of ordering these products from Airgas in the normal course of business or with these products in their Airgas punchout catalog may purchase these products through our punchout site. Certain order quantity restrictions may apply as quantities may be limited. N95 respirators are not available for purchase online regardless of order history or product catalog inclusion. High volume orders will be subject to further review, and we cannot guarantee fulfillment of requested quantities at this time.
Airgas is not authorized by our suppliers to ship certain products outside of the U.S., as they are designed and packaged to meet U.S. specifications.
Terms of Sale
Please see our updated Terms of Sale for important information regarding returnability of certain products.
Curbside Pickup and Direct Delivery Options
We encourage customers to follow social distancing recommendations by placing orders for direct delivery via Airgas.com or our Airgas punchout site, or by calling ahead to your local branch so we can prepare your order for curbside pickup. You can login or register for an Airgas.com user profile, or click here to return to our Find a Branch page in order to locate your nearest Airgas branch.